On a cruise from Boston to explore the beauty of Canada & New England, enjoy the best of seaside life — refreshing breezes, fresh seafood, and quaint colonial cities. Choose from a 7-day roundtrip cruise visiting the best of Canada and New England, a 10-day voyage to see the beautiful French-influenced Quebec City and the famous Reversing Falls Rapids in Saint John, or a 17-day adventure to Greenland – the world’s largest island.
A city full of history and culture, Boston offers countless things to experience before you embark on cruises to Canada & New England with Princess®. Walk into history on the Freedom Trail, enjoy a lobster roll, explore family fun in vast green spaces, or visit top universities including Harvard and MIT. Whether you are history buffs, cultural travelers, seafood lovers or outdoor enthusiasts, you’ll have amazing experiences to remember before starting your cruise vacation to further explore the color-drenched shores.
Canada & New England cruises
Canada & New England cruisetours
Explore more of Canada & New England, before or after your cruise, with a cruisetour vacation. Stay overnight in historic towns such as Williamsburg and Gettysburg, or spend time enjoying the stunning Niagara Falls and Montreal, to savor all of Canada & New England’s beauty.
What to Know About Cruises from Boston
Once a quiet estuary of Massachusetts Bay, today Boston Harbor is a bustling area with the Flynn Cruiseport welcoming passengers as they begin their vacations at sea or visit Boston as a port of call. Here’s everything to learn about your cruise from Boston.
Boston at a glance
- Language: English
- Currency: U.S. Dollar (USD)
- Time Zone: Eastern Time (ET)
- Docking: Your cruise from Boston docks at Flynn Cruiseport, in South Boston’s vibrant Seaport District.
- Attire: Famous for its rugged coastlines, active outdoor lifestyle and maritime traditions, Boston is equally known for its changeable weather. Bright and sunny days can quickly turn blustery, and bathing suit weather can become sweater weather the moment the sun sets and temperatures drop. Whether you plan to enjoy summer coastal activities during a family cruise vacation in July or August or experience spectacular autumn foliage in late September or October, you’ll want to pack practical attire, from swimsuits and quick-dry athletic shirts to cozy sweaters and waterproof jackets. It is also a must to pack sports sandals and sturdy sneakers or hiking boots as you will be spending time outdoors and walking over a variety of uneven surfaces.
- Transportation: You can get around by public transportation, rental cars, and taxis.
Things to do in Boston
Before getting on a cruise from Boston, or after your debarkation, place your feet along the Freedom Trail, visit the Boston Tea Party Ships & Museum, discover the Institute of Contemporary Art, taste-test lobster rolls at Faneuil Hall and Quincy Market, tour the campuses of Harvard and MIT in Cambridge, or relax at Boston Common, America’s oldest park. One of the most historically rich and attraction-abundant cities in the US, Boston is brimming with activities for all kinds of travelers.
Travel, Airfare, & Hotels: Let Princess Get You There
Need help planning?
Princess Cruise Vacation Planners are a dedicated resource to help you every step of the way through the planning process of your cruise vacation. And the best part is, they are absolutely FREE!
Cruise deals & promotions
Find our top sales, deals, partnerships and promotions for our destinations all in one place. We run promotions throughout the year and sometimes run sweepstakes where you could win prizes!